Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wannabe Writers (2)

This is a new Meme created by another Sarah at Confessions of the Unpublished. It is for unpublished writers to get some support from each other.
Where I am in the writing process: Still un-published and working on finishing my 2nd manuscript. I finished 2 chapters this week, while doing school work. A chapter for me, is 1500 to 2000 words.

This week's question(s) this week: Finishing this thing? How do you tie up all those loose ends and write the perfect ending? I've never struggled this much in my writing. Usually it just flows out. Any suggestions?
My answer: When I finished my first book, I took a two week break and then wrote three possible endings before I figured out which ending that I wanted. I still wasn't happy with it. This time, I actually wrote the ending shortly after writing the beginning of my book, so I am slowly filling in the holes till the I get to the end of my book. I think it is what works the best for me.

6 comments:

  1. that's what i do too. i already know where i'm going with my story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the advice. I know how I want it to end in my head. Get it out on paper is another thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sarah that way you never loose sight of the ending goal because right now I have a general ending but I can get there like 4 different ways. Also if you have n problems finishing yours I would be happy to help. I know I have tons of problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. three endings!?! that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The three endings is a good idea for any project, I think. I know in some of my first drafts while writing the ending, I loved it, but then on a second read it wasn't very good. I like the idea that you don't have to be married to the ending. Good tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin