Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wannabe Writer (4)


Wannabe Writers is a group for all of you out there who are un-published like me. I often find myself searching the web for information during my struggles as a new writer. So I wanted to start a place where us future young-adult authors can come together to ask those questions, share our stories, and get feedback. Here's how it works: (click here)
Sarah's Question This Week: Is editing as you go a bad thing? The day ends and many times I have less words than when I started. How do I stay focused on the end of my story?
My answer:
I don't allow myself to edit until I am done with a project. This way that I don't lose where I am going or ideas that are hidden in a story. Your first draft is suppose to be utter crap, so why not allow yourself to just write and then worry about the problems in it.
My Current Problem: I actually had a really good week and wrote 5000 word. =)

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin