Friday, February 26, 2010

Hourglass by Claudia Gray

Rating:
Characters: 16/20
Plot: 15/20
Originality: 18/20
Writing: 17/20
Recommendation: 17/20
Overall: 83/100 or B
Source: Publisher
Hourglass starts where Stargazers left off. Bianca and Lucas have finally found a way to be together, but it means that they will have to lie to the person that they care about the most. They are now on the run with the Black Cross, after running away from Evernight Academy. Bianca thinks that everything will be okay and that they can get through this, until her friend Balthazar is captured by the Black Cross. She knows that she has to save him, even if that means that she might expose herself.
Bianca is an interesting character, and she has potential. It just seemed to feel overdone to me. Lucas was sweet like in the last books, but at times he seemed to be annoying. I love Balthazar and felt that there was not much of him in the book. I really liked the previous book in this series, but I liked Hourglass until the end. The end just disappointed me. The ending seemed too hard to follow. The plot was interesting and original, but it just seemed too far out there. Gray is a pretty good writer. I just didn't connect to this book as much. Yet, I am still interested in the sequel and the possibility of what could happen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honesty. I'm really eager to see what happens in this one. I hear the end is all kinds of crazy haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin