Monday, May 9, 2011

Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready

Source: Publisher
Aura’s life is anything but easy. Her boyfriend, Logan, died, and his slides between ghost and shade have left her reeling. Aura knows he needs her now more than ever. She loves Logan, but she can’t deny her connection with the totally supportive, totally gorgeous Zachary. And she’s not sure that she wants to.
Logan and Zachary will fight to be the one by her side, but Aura needs them both to uncover the mystery of her past—the mystery of the Shift.
As Aura’s search uncovers new truths, she must decide whom to trust with her secrets…and her heart.

I wasn't a huge fan of Shade, but I loved the concept of the book and was excited for what would come up next in the sequel. Luckily, it surprised me and I really liked this book.
Aura is very strong willed and I loved the determination that she has at times. I hate how she constantly wavers at what she wants and is extremely indecisive. The fact that she would randomly angst out at times was annoying, but I still enjoyed this book. Other then Logan and Zachary, there was a third love interest, which kind of came out of nowhere. I love Zachary. He is sweet most of the time and completely cares about Aura. I loved how strong their relationship was. Logan was so selfish and I still didn't like him. The backstory to Aura's mom was really fascinating and I loved that was included.
The plot of Shift was really exciting. There were a lot of twist in the book that kept me on edge. The concept is really unique and Smith kept on developing the plot into a breathtaking story. Smith is a stunning writer. I recommend this book to fans of Shade. If you like Shade, you will love Shift. There are so many complexities in this book that will keep you entertained with complex characters and a thrilling plot.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the romance and paranormal is split down the middle I may have to check this one out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin