Saturday, May 14, 2011

In My Mailbox (Week of May 15th)

Falling for Hamlet by Michelle Ray
Meet Ophelia: a blonde, beautiful high-school senior and long-time girlfriend of Prince Hamlet of Denmark. Her life is dominated not only by her boyfriend's fame and his overbearing family, but also by the paparazzi who hound them wherever they go. As the devastatingly handsome Hamlet spirals into madness after the mysterious death of his father, the King, Ophelia rides out his crazy roller coaster life, and lives to tell about it. In live television interviews, of course.
Passion, romance, drama, humor, and tragedy intertwine in this compulsively readable debut novel, told by a strong-willed, modern-day Ophelia.

I love the play of Hamlet and Ophelia is one of my favorite characters, So, I am really excited to read this one.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds super interesting and hope you'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd really like to get my hands on this book. I wonder if it could be paired with the play. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty curious about this one! I actually teach Hamlet and have read another book called Ophelia, which told the play from her perspective. It's always interesting to see what authors do with another story. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin