Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Secrets by Lauren Kunze and Rina Onur

Source: Publisher
Reputation, Reputation, Reputation.
You're a student at the most prestigious university in the country, and you've been tapped for the most elite social club. You've made it!
Now Don't Blow It!
Callie Andrews triumphed during her first semester at Harvard: she made incomparable friends, found the perfect boyfriend, and received invitations to the most exclusive secret societies. But she may have ruined every-thing with one ill-fated night. Now she's keeping secrets from everyone, including—
Clint the upperclassman who's too good to be true
Vanessa the best friend turned backstabber
Gregory the guy who's a total(ly hot) mistake
and Lexi the social queen who wants to bring Callie down.
But Callie didn't get into Harvard by giving up, and she isn't about to now. Besides, she's not the only one with something to hide. . . .

I really enjoyed The Ivy and was so excited to read Secrets. I love guilty reads like Gossip Girl and this series definitely falls under that. It is a fairly light read that is fun and realistic, with just a bit of depth.
I love each of the characters even though a few are evil. the Callie is a very sweet character that you can't help rooting for, even though she doesn't do the the best thing most of the time, but seriously who doesn't make mistakes at times. Clint seems too perfect for a college boy and that makes me not want him at all. I love Gregory so much and find him sweet most of the time. I love her roommates so much and their unique personalities. I feel that the plot was better developed than The Ivy. There are so many secrets and scandals in this book that you will make you be wrapped up into every single plot line. I think that this story is very original, not many other Young Adult Series are about characters in college, which is exciting and realistic. I loved that the book faced issues that a lot of teens and even adults are facing it. The book addressed it at the end in a realistic, but amazing way. I think that this book is quick and addicting. I would recommend this book to fans of Pretty Little Liars, Privates, and Gossip Girl. Kunze and Onur make a great duo and I can't wait to read more from them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin