Friday, August 26, 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

Source: Publisher
The first book in Richelle Mead's brand-new teen fiction series - set in the same world as Vampire Academy.

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.
Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.
I really loved Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy Series. I was really excited to read Bloodlines. At first, I wasn't sure if I would like this book, but as soon as I began reading it. The world of both of these series are amazing and authentic. There aren't many books like this.
Bloodlines has many of the same characters as Vampire Academy. Sydney, Adrian, Jill, and Eddie were the main characters. Sydney was very uptight in the Vampire Academy, but she loosened up in Bloodlines and was actually a very relatable character. She isn't as kick ass as Rose, but she was clever and funny, when she needed to be. I was on Team Dimitri, when it came to Rose, but I liked Adrian a lot. He was a great character and I really enjoyed seeing him again. He still has the carefree slacker attitude and made me laugh a lot. Jill and Eddie were both amazing. Overall all four of these characters have great chemistry and they all work together. There were several new characters that I found interesting. Kieth was a jerk and I wanted to slap him from the first page that he appeared. Lee also intrigued me a lot and I found a lot about him to be interesting. There are cameos of several characters like Rose, Abe, and a couple more characters from the past books.
The plot of Bloodline is so exciting and face paced. There were a few things that I guessed, but luckily I was surprised almost every second of the end of this novel and I honestly didn't know what to expect from the ending. Like most of Mead's books, there is a surprising ending that makes you want the next book as soon as possible. The writing is amazing as usual. Mead has a gift with stories and I found Bloodlines to be just as appealing as the Vampire Academy series. I definitely recommend this book to fans of Vampire Academy. I can't wait to read The Golden Lily as soon as possible.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! It seems like everybody and their Mama is reviewing this one today! Guess I'm the last one left standing...gotta go get me a copy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin