Monday, August 8, 2011

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson

Source: Bought
When Ginny receives thirteen little blue envelopes and instructions to buy a plane ticket to London, she knows something exciting is going to happen. What Ginny doesn't know is that she will have the adventure of her life and it will change her in more ways than one. Life and love are waiting for her across the Atlantic, and the thirteen little blue envelopes are the key to finding them in this funny, romantic, heartbreaking novel.
I absolutely loved 13 Little Blue Envelope, the first time that I read it, and I was really excited to re-read it the second time. I was excited to find it just as magical and surprising as the first time that I saw it. Ginny is a very likable character. She is very easygoing and sweet. I liked that she became more confident a as time went on. Aunt Peg is a very flaky character whose personality reminded me of my mom at times. Kieth was very charming and I liked him at times, but other times I didn't trust him at all. The plot of 13 Little Blue Envelopes isn't the most realistic plot, but it definitely is fun, exciting, and amusing. I loved that I got to discover Europe through Ginny's eyes and it felt like I was wandering around Europe too. Johnson's writing is witty, thrilling, and one of a kind. I recommend this book to fans of Johnson's other books, E. Lockhart, and Robin Benway. I also suggest having the second book The Last Little Blue Envelope on hand, because the ending is rather sudden and unresolved and you will want to read what is next.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book, but I know that I *totally should.* Also? My sister's name is Ginny, so I need to get on this and see if it would be a good Christmas gift for her. Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started this book but haven't had the chance to finish it yet. Maybe I should get the last little blue envelope before I finish it now. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently did the same thing as you, and read the two back-to-back. I enjoyed the first book SO much more this way than I did reading it solo the first time around.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin