Saturday, June 6, 2009

Random Meme

I am going to a signing, and have to leave soon. So I am doing a meme survey thing.
Hardback, trade paperback or mass market paperback? Paperbacks and Hardbacks are both fine. I am going with paperback, because of the price.
Barnes & Noble or Borders?I like indies more. I know that isn't a choice, but they have better stock and are nicer.
Bookmark or dog-ear? Bookmark, I hate making a mark in the book, and I’ll use whatever I can find.
Amazon or brick-and-mortar? I honestly don't mind. Real Bookstores are nice, because you can get suggestions.
Alphabetize by author, or alphabetize by title, or random? Random, I guess.
Keep, throw away, or sell? Usually keep. Otherwise, give to friends or trade. Who would throw away a book? I mean, come on, people.
Keep dust jacket or toss it? Keep it. Unless it’s really ugly.
Read with dust jacket or remove it? I always remove it. It gets in the way and falls over and just generally annoys me. Of course, by the time I finish the book and go to put the jacket back on, it has twisted itself into a nearly unrecognizable form, which is even more annoying.
Short story or novel? It depends. That’s really the only way for me to answer this. I love well-crafted short fiction, and I love novels. I tend to read more novels because there are more of them available and are longer.
Harry Potter or Lemony Snicket? I’ll have to go with Harry Potter..
Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? At chapter breaks whenever it’s possible. If the chapters are really long, I try to stop at a break in the action or in between narratives or something, depending on how the book is organized.
“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time”? Probably “It was a dark and stormy night.” I tend to prefer heavier reads, and nothing disappoints me more than when an author ends a complicated book by tying everything up in a neat little package.
Buy or borrow? Buy. Buy. Buy. I tend to do more lending.
New or used? Generally new, but I’ll take a used copy in good condition if that’s I can find.
Buying choice: book reviews, recommendations, or browse? Recommendations.
Tidy ending or cliffhanger? I like books that leave it off to the reader to decide what happened.
Morning reading, afternoon reading, or nighttime reading? Late night and morning reader
Stand-alone or series? Series
Favorite series? Harry Potter
Favorite children’s book? Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or any Junie B. Jones book
Favorite YA book? Looking for Alaska by John Green
Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Let's Get Lost by Sarra Manning or Any book by Marianne Curley
Favorite books read last year? Paper Towns, Cracked Up to be, Suite Scarlett, Wake, and a lot more. I did read 365 in one year.
Favorite books of all time? Looking for Alaska, Harry Potter, Cracked Up to be, The Bell Jar, The Great Gatsby, Speak, and a lot more
What are you reading right now?Secret Society By Tom Dolby
What are you reading next? I reach in to the box and pick one.
Favorite book to recommend to an 11-year-old? Harry Potter
Favorite book to re-read? Harry Potter
Do you ever smell books? Yes...
Do you ever read primary source documents like letters or diaries? Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin