Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cover Art Saturday: Sea Change by Aimee Friedman

Sumanary: 16-year-old Miranda Merchant is great at science...and not so great with boys. After major drama with her boyfriend and (now ex) best friend, she's happy to spend the summer on small, mysterious Selkie Island, helping her mother sort out her late grandmother's estate. There, Miranda finds new friends and an island with a mysterious, mystical history, presenting her with facts her logical, scientific mind can't make sense of. She also meets Leo, who challenges everything she thought she knew about boys, friendship...and reality. Is Leo hiding something? Or is he something that she never could have imagined?

My Thoughts: I just started reading Aimee Friedman, when I read The Year My Sister Got Lucky, earlier this year. Miranda sounds a lot like me and this book sounds cute. I really liked this book and I love the cover. The intensity is like dripping off the cover. Goodness, I love it. June 1st seems to love to wait to read this book.
Peace out, Sarah.

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh. I got a graphic novel this week by an Aimee Friedman, I bet it's the same person since it's a YA graphic novel! Pretty cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. this cover is AMAZING. I can't wait for SEA CHANGE either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post! I'm so happy people have been responding well to the cover of SEA CHANGE! And yes, Alea, that's my graphic novel--BREAKING UP. I hope you enjoy it! Happy holidays, all!
    xo
    Aimee
    www.aimeefriedmanbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Definitely can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin