Monday, September 6, 2010

Low Red Moon by Ivy Devlin

Rating:
Characters: 17/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 17/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 17/20
Overall: 87/100 or B
Source: Publishers

Avery Hood is reeling from the loss of her parents--and the fact that she can't remember what happened to them even though she was there.
She's struggling to adjust to life without them, and to living with her grandmother, when she meets Ben, who isn't like any guy she's ever met before.
It turns out there's a reason why, and Ben's secret may hold the key to Avery finding out what happened to her parents...
But what if that secret changes everything she knows about--and feels for--Ben?

I was really excited about Low Red Moon, because Ivy Devlin is the pseudonym for an author that has written a lot of contemporary novels. Anyway, I liked Avery. I could feel all of her grief over her parents and also her reluctance to leave her home. I also enjoyed that she was reunited with her grandma after such an absence from her. I think that the relationship between Ben and Avery was a bit rushed and seemed to be very superficial. Even with that, I still liked Ben and was interested in what he was. I really enjoyed the mystery that I found in Low Red Moon to be very engaging. Every single moment I was anticipating what would happen next. I read Low Red Moon in one day. Devlin's choppy and intense, which made me more engaged in it. This wasn't the most original book, but I still enjoyed this read. I found this book to be haunting mystery with a hint of romance. I also can't wait for more from Devlin in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin