Friday, January 8, 2010

Stupid Cupid by Rhonda Stapleton

Rating:
Characters: 17/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 18/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 17/20
Overall: 88/100 or B
Felicity Walker believes in true love. That is why she applies for a job at a matchmaking company called Cupid's Hollow. When she gets the job, she is surprised to find out that she isn't any ordinary matchmaker. Felicity is now one of the many Cupids in the world.
She is now armed with a hot pink PDA and a list of all the e-mails of the teens that go to her school. She is trying to make quotas of successful matches, but when she decides to hook up her best friend Maya with three boys at once. Felicity needs to come up with a plan to set it all right, before she gets fired and before Maya ends up with her heart split in three.
This book is super cute. Felicity was cute and a fun character that was realistic. I could also relate to the fact that she had a major crush on Derek, because it was like most high school crushes. I also liked Felicity, Maya, and Andy friendship. They were like a tight group of friends that I had in high school. I wish there had been a bit more about the characters. The concept of this book is great. I would like to think that there are modern day Cupids. The plot was fun and light. It was a quick and sweet read. Though, I found it odd that her employer didn't catch on to what was happening with Maya. Stapleton is a fantastic writer. She created a funny and sweet voice for Felicity. I was laughing the whole book. I can't wait for Flirting With Disaster, I think the series will be so much fun. I believe that you would this book, if you like Simon Pulse Romantic Comedies.
Source: Simon Pulse sent me a review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin