Monday, January 25, 2010

Boys, Girls and Other Hazardous Materials by Rosalind Wiseman

Rating:
Characters: 19/20
Plot: 17/20
Originality: 16/20
Writing: 17/20
Recommendation: 18/20
Overall: 85/100 or B
Charlie Healey thinks that Harmony Falls is the berginning of a whole new life. She had a brutal time in middle school. High school is a chance to start over and stay away from the drama. One the first day of school, Charlie runs into Will. He was her ex-best friend that maved away. He is a varsity athlete and hotter then Charlie remembered, Will also hangs out with the people that run the social scene at school. Charlie doesn't understand their power, when they do something unforgettable to someone that is totally inocent. Charlie has to choose between doing what is right or doing something that she will regret.
I found this book to be honest. The characters were real. Charlie reminded me of one of my friends. Sidney was sweet and a great person. Nidhi was also awesome and I liked that Charlie had to face what she did to her. Will was sweet, and made some bad decisions, but he owned up to them. Micheal was also such a great character, that made me laugh a lot. The plot was really predictable, but I still found it to be a fun and a sweet plot. I laughed a lot during this book and found it real humorous. It wasn't the most unique book, but it had some unique componet. I also enjoied Wiseman's writing. It was casual, but descriptive. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes Elizabeth Scott or Sarah Dessen, because it had the tiny hint of romance that is commonly found in thier books. It was a book that about friendship, betrayal, and how far some will go to be accepted.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, it seems quite interesting, especially cos I really like all books by Elizabeth Scott and Sarah Dessen.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin