Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best/Worst Movies

So I went a bit overboard on this list, so there are 12 best and 8 worst. I really enjoy movies and books, so I thought of a lot of them. I tried to add a few trailers and it didn't work out sadly.
Best:
1. The Harry Potter Series (2001-2011)
This series is what should happen when they make a series of film. I grew up on this series and loved it. Daniel, Rupert, and Emma will forever by my Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
2. The Hobbit/ Lord of The Rings Trilogy (2001-Forthcoming)
Peter Jackson makes J.R.R. Tolkien's books into such a remarkable world. I loved it so much.
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
Stephen Chbosky made his novel into such a great movie and it embodied the spirit of the book. I am slightly obsessed with Logan Lerman, so this only causes me to love it more as he portrays Charlie. Ezra Miller, Emma Watson, and Mae Whitman co-star and I love them too. 
4. The Great Gatsby (2013)
Baz Luhrmann makes over the top and colorful movies that are full of energy. Leonardo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, and Carey Mulligan star. It captured the book so well. I also adore the soundtrack so much.
5. Wuthering Heights (2011)
This is the first adaption directed by a woman and I think that she captures the book so well. James Howson and Kaya Scodelario are amazing is this film.

6. To Kill A Mockingbird (1962)
This movie is just amazing and such a classic. Gregory Peck is just stunning.
7. Never Let Me Go (2010)
I adore this movie and this book so much. It has Kiera Knightly, Carey Mulligan, and Andrew Garfield starring.
 8. The Hunger Games (2012)
I love this book and found the movie to be really well made. Plus it has Josh Hutcherson and Jennifer Lawerance with a lot more of amazing cast.

9. Atonement (2007)
I adore this movie, which I know a lot of people don't like. I felt it was truthful to the plot and the cast is amazing
.
  10. Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging (2008)
This movie is so funny, which is how the books are. I love Georgia.
11. Now is Good (2012)
It is a bit different than the book, but I really enjoyed it. The soundtrack is perfect.
12. Gone With the Wind (1939)
This movie is as epic the book and just as long
 
Worst:
1.The Golden Compass (2007)
This movie makes me so angry when I think about it. I love the series and book, but it was majorly screwed up in the plot.
2. The Twilight Saga (2008-2012)
These movies are just so bad.
3. The Time Traveler's Wife (2009)
I loved this book, but not this movie.
4. Flowers in the Attic (1987)
It is the type of bad that you watch for laughs.
5. The Great Gatsby (1975)
It is not bad, but not as good as it should be.
6. War of the Worlds (2005)
It doesn't even follow the book at all and it is so bad.
7.  Gulliver's Travels (1996)
It is just so bad.
8. Stephen King’s The Shining (1997)
Why did they even remake this movie? The first one was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin