Monday, March 4, 2013

Why I Rarely Do Not Finish a Book

I have a hard time giving up on a book. Like I can totally hate it and the book can be boring me like crazy, but I have to finish this book. I am an optimist and sadly I feel that even the worst book ever will at least have a quote or something that will make all of the time that I spent is worth it. For some books, I am angry at myself for not being able to quit a book. The only time that I have been able to do it was for Cybils and that was still extremely difficult to quit at 50 pages.
I think that part of the reason is that my mom is the same way. One time, we were talking about a book that she was reading and I hated it. My mom ended up hating the book, but she still finished it. I guess it might just be the need to know if I am right or not. I think that another reason is I am always guessing if the book is predictable or not and I really like when I am right. I can also not quit series, there are only one or two that I have started that I plan to never finish.
A lot of the time that I am reading isn't at home, it is in between classes, at the doctors, at the gym and on the bus. If I decide to give up on this book, I won't have anything to read until I get home, which could be hours later and in that time, I could just read the book. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else has this issue or if you are able to quit easily.

1 comment:

  1. I don't generally have this problem, but I have on occasion. I've DNFed maybe four books in the past two years? Not too bad. I do feel guilty for not finishing a book or just plain sad, because sometimes it's that I bought the book based on a review or received an ARC for a tour - either way, I spent the money and should finish the book, maybe to see if my opinions were unfounded, maybe just out of pure pride and spite, who knows? But with the books I've DNFed... I just haven't cared or had the time to continue reading when it's something that's only going to make me angrier/sadder or make me feel nothing at all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin