Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Source: Publisher
It's been three years since the devastating accident ... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

If I Stay was such a remarkable book, because while the idea was simple. It was developed in such a stunning way that it makes you think about what you would choose. I was so excited for Where She Went when I heard about it. Gayle Forman has such a remarkable way with words and that is part of the reason that I was so excited. The other being that I love these characters. Mia reminded me so much of myself and it was amazing to see how different she was three years later. Adam was amazing. I could feel how heartbroken he was after Mia left him and also found insight into the haunting lyrics that began each chapter. The chapters alternate between the past and the present of Adam and Mia. The glimpse into what happened made me keep on guessing what exactly went wrong. Though their chemistry shines through out the book, and I couldn't question how much they cared for each other. The writing was so raw and emotional that I felt it the whole time. I couldn't stop crying and laughing at times. Where She Went has the same gripping necessitous that If I Stay had. I couldn't stop reading this book.I highly suggest that you read this book as soon as possible. It is a must for anyone that loved If I Stay.

1 comment:

  1. Me and Christina are hosting a Read Along for this book and I was wondering if you or anyone else would be interested? You can find out more about it here:

    http://comacalm.blogspot.com/p/read-along.html

    Sorry to bother you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin