Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Author Appreciation: Readergirlz

There are many authors that I have a love for and appreciate all of the amazing things that they do. Some of these authors are Readergirlz divas, Liz Gallagher, Holly Cupala, Melissa Walker, Dia Calhoun, Lorie Ann Grover, Justina Chen Headley, and Mitali Perkins.
I have to honestly say that I would not be a YA blogger without Readergirlz. It is where I first talked to people that loved reading as much as I do. It was the first time that I talked to authors and found out how authors are not some sort of robots.
I have met Liz at a few author events. She always ask how I am and we also talk about what we are writing and reading. She is so awesome. Her book The Opposite of Invisible is set in the Seattle area. I could relate to all of the landmarks and places in the book.
Holly is probably the sweetest person that you will ever meet. The first time that I met her was in line at a Barnes and Noble at a signing for Mitali. She gave me a hug and said that it was awesome to meet me. Holly is just an amazing person. I also can't wait to read her book Tell Me A Secret, which comes out in less then 100 days! I also LOVE her blog...
If you don't know who Melissa Walker is... Then let me start with an energetic, outgoing, and caring person. I have devoured every book of hers and can't wait for more to come out. She also runs I Heart Daily, which I love. I can't wait to meet her.
The first time that I met Dia and Lorie Ann, was when I was doing an interview for Readergirlz for a local news station. Dia is really awesome and her books are amazing to get lost into. Lorie Ann is a fantastic person. She is so caring and awesome. I love how Lorie Ann can make such beautiful verse.
Justina's books deal with what teens need the most. Self confidence and understanding from other's and them self. She weaves together such different stories that you can't help, but love. They just embody being a teen so well.
Mitali is an awesome person. It was so fun to meet her. Her book, Secret Keeper displayed sisters and secrets and how they can effect people. I found it amazing, how she was so true to sisters and their relationship.
Anyways, Thank you, Readergirlz for everything that you have done and continue to do.

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I just ran across this super sweet post - thank you! I think the same about you. I'm so glad you came out for Heather's party. No doubt we'll see you again soon, and you're definitely invited to the TELL ME A SECRET launch party! (date etc. tbd)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin