Friday, December 10, 2010

Interview with Delaney from Tell Me A Secret

I got to interview Miranda from Tell Me a Secret a few month ago. Teen Book Scene and Holly Cupala were awesome enough to let me also interview Delaney... I hope you enjoy!
What would you have liked to see, if you ever made it to Amsterdam?
Well of course it would have been brilliant to visit the Van Gogh Museum, the windmills, the canals…but seriously, the Red Light District. Or some of the underground clubs there. Whatever happens in Amsterdam stays in Amsterdam. I would love to bring home some raging Euro music…maybe even a raging Euro boy.
Miranda and Kamran were in love, but you used his insecurities when Miranda was pregnant to make him feel otherwise. Why were you so brutal to them both?
I’m not sure I know what you mean. Miranda got into her own situation—I didn’t have anything to do with it. I felt kind of sorry for her, actually. I was trying to be a friend to her, and she flat out rejected me. What kind of friend does that? So if Kamran decided he liked me better…who am I to argue?
Do you have any regrets from your senior year?
Nope. My favorite quote is from Anaïs Nin: “Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country.” So I’m throwing my kite into a new space now. The stars, the moon, the world.
What are some of your favorite bands that play at Chop Suey?
Chop Suey has had some great lineups in the past, and more stuff happening all the time. Some of my favorites? Gravity Echo, of course. I completely love them. Freezepop has come through town a couple of times—last time I saw them they were with Ming and Ping, these two guys (twins? the same guy? nobody knows) from Hong Kong who do these crazy pop songs with live streaming video. They’re great. I’ve seen Low there, which was…low. Totally mellow. I’ve also heard this local guy, I guess his name is Creed, and he plays with bands and stuff. I’ve heard he’s a street kid, but he can sing like hell.
Speaking of Chop Suey, you might like to know that it makes another appearance in the author’s next book (which she calls DON’T BREATHE A WORD)…and I might even make an appearance myself. Oh, alright, I do! You might even discover a bit more about my secrets. Not that I would tell you.


Thank you Delaney for stopping by. I don't think that it is possible to want DON'T BREATHE A WORD anymore then I do now.

2 comments:

  1. Delaney appears in Don't Breath A Word? *officially starts hyperventilating*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Sarah, for hosting me (and Delaney!) today - yes, she makes a little cameo appearance in DBAW...and you find out a little more about her secrets. If you haven't read TMAS it's not a big deal, but if you have...well, I hope you will be shocked. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin