Monday, July 5, 2010

Siren by Tricia Rayburn

Rating:
Characters: 17/20
Plot: 16/20
Originality: 18/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 17/20
Overall: 86/100 or B
Source: Publisher

Vanessa Sands is a girl that is afraid of everything, but her sister Justine has been able to help her conquer all of these irrational fears. That is until the day that Justine's body washes up, after she has a fight with her parents. Vanessa's parents hope that they can find closure back in Boston, but Vanessa feels that her sister's death was not an accident, especially when she finds out that Justine's boyfriend is missing, as well as other secrets. Now all of Winter Harbor is abuzz as body after body is washing ashore. Luckily Caleb's brother Simon is ready to help Vanessa. As the pair try to understand the sudden rash of creepy drownings, Vanessa uncovers a secret that threatens her new romance—and will change her life forever. A seductive paranormal romance full of unexpected twists, Siren is certain to make a big summer splash.
Vanessa is a likable character. Her personality was very genuine and realistic. Justine reminded me a lot of my older sister, who I adore. Simon was an awesome guy and very sweet. Caleb was also very cool. I didn't like Vanessa and Justine's parents, I didn't believe that their mom was actually grieving. The plot of Siren was interesting and I was intrigued by what was coming next, but some of it felt like it dragged on at a few points. The main plot of the Siren's was original, but the quickly developed love interest annoyed me. Rayburn is an awesome writer and I am excited for her future Young Adult books. I would recommend this to anyone looking for an interesting take on Mythology.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Quickly developed love interest? Doesn't sound good. I just don't like it. It sounds so unreal, right? Well, I'm still going to give Siren a shot. (Of course I will!) Because it was one of them that most got me excited for the summer and I believe (and hope) I will enjoy as much as you did or even more. :) Thanks for the review anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait for the release of this book. I love the cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin