Saturday, July 3, 2010

Interview with Kristin Walker

Kristin Walker is the author of A Match Made In High School, which is an adorable book that made me laugh. It is her first novel. She is part of the Tenners and you can find more about her on here.
1. Why did you decide to write a book about marriage in the eyes of a teenager?
I wanted to write a YA, but I needed a subject I knew something about. Having been married for well over a decade, I figured I knew enough about marriage to sound authentic. The idea of a marriage education course in high school sounded pretty funny, so I ran with it.
2. What book(s) can we look forward to you in the future?
Not sure yet. :) I have a couple of things in the works, but nothing set in stone. Stay tuned!
3. What is the easiest and hardest part of writing for you?
Characters come pretty easily for me. Plot doesn't. I either meander off in unnecessary directions, or I go straight through to the end too quickly. Getting through the first draft is fun, but grueling. That first revision is really hard for me, too, because it looks like there's so much work ahead, and the manuscript is in such rough shape. Writing "The End" is definitely sweet!
4. What is your favorite part of being a Tenner?
I love the friends I've made. It's also been such fun to watch all these amazing authors finally come to the attention of the rest of the world. Seeing everyone's success has been fantastic.
5. If you weren't writing, what type of job would you want?
Hmm... I have a crazy obsession with real estate, so I'd probably work in that field. Although, there's already a real estate agent named Kristin Walker in Charleston, SC whom I see on Google alerts all the time. :)
6. What are your favorite books?
So hard to choose. My latest mind-blowing favorite is THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak. I love all the ANNE OF GREEN GABLES books as well as the HARRY POTTERs. Then again, there are so many books by the Tenners and Debs that I love. I've had the privilege of reading Kristina Springer's MY FAKE BOYFRIEND IS BETTER THAN YOURS and Mandy Hubbard's YOU WISH pre-publication, and they're both adorable.
7. Is there anything that you would like to add?
Just thanks for having me here!

1 comment:

  1. I just added this to my wish-list on goodreads. I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin