Sunday, July 31, 2011

Interview with Victoria Schwab

I have Victoria Schwab here. She is talking about the cover of her debut, The Near Witch.
1. Your cover is absolutely gorgeous. What are your favorite part about it? What is your least favorite part, if anything?
I love it. It's so different from the majority of fantasy/paranormal out there. For me, the light quality of the cover is deceptive, the story itself at times quite dark. The whole cover is whimsical and eerie, and I love it for managing to be both. My favorite part is probably the glossy filigree, which adds that element of magic.
2. How well do you think the cover portrays Near Witch?
This is a hard question, because covers are meant to draw people in, to pique curiosity. They don't need to accurately portray anything, only convey a vibe, and in that sense, I think the cover is successful. I hope it's enough for people to pick the book up and investigate further.
3. What are some of your favorite book covers of other books?
Ohhhh, I LOVE covers. I actually have a degree in book design, so I spend the majority of my time in bookstores just looking at art. UNBECOMING OF MARA DYER is probably my favorite cover of the year so far, along with IMAGINARY GIRLS. Apparently, I'm in the mood for floating people.
4. Is there anything that you would like to add?
Just a thank you!! A thank you to you for interviewing, and to the readers/bloggers/online people of awesome who have already shown so much love and support. You all make this a joy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sarah :)

    Thank you for the interview with Victoria Schwab. I didn't know that Victoria was into covers.

    Thanks again,

    All the best,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin