Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday (6)

Another Top Ten Tuesday, this one is:  Top Ten Books Dealing With Tough Subjects 
1. Cracked Up to Be by Courtney Summers. This is one of the first books that I reviewed and it remains one of my favorites. The story is just amazing and I love the characters.
2. The Program by Suzanne Young. This book is just amazing and it puts suicide in a different view that I enjoyed a lot. This book will make you cry a lot.
3. Burned by Ellen Hopkins. This is my favorite book by Ellen Hopkins, which is saying a lot, because I adore all of her books. I could relate to certain aspects of this book, because my extended family is very similar to Pattyn's. 
4. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott. I adore Elizabeth Scott, but this one killed me. The writing is beautiful and I don't know how to explain my emotions except that there was a lot of crying. 
5. Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert. Kuehnert's writing is so raw and direct that I adore it. This book made me cry so much and I enjoyed it immensely. It is so a unique story and I loved Kara.
6. Before I Die by Jenny Downham. This book means a lot to me, because I read it, when I was continually in and out of the hospital and I could connect to Tessa in such a way. It is a beautiful story that I adore.
7. The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King. This book is extremely original and I adored it. 
8. Hold Still by Nina LaCour. This book is just amazing and beautiful. I really adored it, even though it made me cry a lot.
9. Uses for Boys by Erica Lorraine Scheidt. I recently read this book and found it to be very raw. I really enjoyed the fact that it talked about relationships in a causal way compared to other ones. 
10. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson. This is probably the first book that I read that goes in this category and I have lost count on how many times that I have read it. Such a powerful book.

4 comments:

  1. SPEAK made it onto my list. Such a seminal book, and a truly moving one as well. Thanks for sharing your picks!

    If you'd like, you can check out my list here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read Cracked Up to Be so badly for so long! I need to get a hold of that ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally, especially if you love Courtney's other books.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin