Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nobody But Us by Kristin Halbrook

Source: Publisher
Bonnie and Clyde meets IF I STAY in this addictively heart-wrenching story of two desperate teenagers on the run from their pasts.
They’re young. They’re in love. They’re on the run.
Zoe wants to save Will as much as Will wants to save Zoe. When Will turns eighteen, they decide to run away together. But they never expected their escape to be so fraught with danger....
When the whole world is after you, sometimes it seems like you can’t run fast enough.
Nobody But Us, told in alternating perspectives from Will and Zoe, is an unflinching novel, in turns heartbreaking and hopeful, about survival, choices, and love...and how having love doesn’t always mean that you get a happy ending. Described as “beautiful, heartbreaking, and exhilarating” by Kody Keplinger, author of The DUFF, Nobody But Us will prove irresistible to fans of Nina Lacour, Jenny Han, and Sara Zarr. 

Zoe is such an awesome character. She is tough and just caring. Will is protective while being sweet. Their relationship fascinated me and I didn't want to stop reading. The main plot is about escaping their past in order to create a future. With the trouble that they cause on the way, that becomes impossible without taking rather extreme measure. I became concerned about them and needed to keep reading.I felt a variety of emotions for Will and Zoe, because they are utterly broken from their past and I wanted to learn more about them.  My emotional attachment made this book feel quick and intense, because I had to know the ending. I just wanted them to be happy for forever. This book is rather unique, because while it is a road trip, it is also a race for the future. 
This book caused me to reevaluate what love is and what would I do in this situation. The feelings, that Zoe and Will have, haunted me into deep thoughts. When this book ended, I wanted more. While it was realistic, it wasn't what I hoped for. Halbrooke's Nobody But Us is an epic debut. It is intense, filled of emotions, characters, and plot, and also memorable. I can't wait to read more. I enjoyed writing and that she captured Zoe and Will in such extreme depth that I felt like I knew them. I would recommend this book to fans of Ellen Hopkins, Hannah Moskowitiz, and Courtney Summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin