Monday, September 10, 2012

The Best Night of Your (Pathetic) Life by Tara Altebrando

Source: Publisher
An all-day scavenger hunt in the name of eternal small-town glory
With only a week until graduation, there's one last thing Mary and her friends must do together: participate in the Oyster Point High Official Unofficial Senior Week Scavenger Hunt. And Mary is determined to win.
Mary lost her spot at Georgetown to self-professed "it" bully Jake Barbone, and she's not about to lose again. But everyone is racing for the finish line with complicated motives, and the team's all-night adventure becomes all-night drama as shifting alliances, flared tempers, and crushing crushes take over. As the items and points pile up, Mary and her team must reinvent their strategy--and themselves--in order to win.

I adored Dreamland Social Club and was really excited to read this book. I found it to be a really fun and realistic read. Mary is a great character. She is about to go off to college and wants to have that last hurrah before going off to university. Like myself, Mary doubts herself and if her dreams are grand enough or if she is good enough for a boy that she likes.  I loved her friends. Her best friend Winter, her best guy friend Patrick, and Dez,  all have their own motives and reasons for participating in the Scavenger Hunt. They also each have an importance to the scavenger hunt. Winter reminded me of several girls that I know that didn't value themselves as much as they should have been. Patrick was sweet, but he didn't understand why some of his actions were bad. Dez was so funny and made me laugh so much. This book was an extremely fast read for me. I ended up reading it in two hours in one sitting. The plot is very quick and fun, but still has a mix of seriousness too. Overall, I enjoyed this book and found it to be very funny and enjoyable. Tara  Altebrando is a great writer and I am excited to read more from her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin