Thursday, January 6, 2011

Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian

Rating:
Characters: 18/20
Plot: 19/20
Originality: 19/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 19/20
Overall: 93/100 or A
Source: Publisher

Natalie Sterling wants to be in control. She wants her friends to be loyal. She wants her classmates to elect her student council president. She wants to find the right guy, not the usual jerk her school has to offer. She wants a good reputation, because she believes that will lead to good things. But life is messy, and it's very hard to be in control of it. Not when there are freshman girls running around in a pack, trying to get senior guys to sleep with them. Not when your friends have secrets they're no longer comfortable sharing. Not when the boy you once dismissed ends up being the boy you wants to sleep with yourself - but only in secret, with nobody ever finding out. Slut or saint? Winner or loser? Natalie is getting tired of these forced choices - and is now going to find a way to live life in the sometimes messy, sometimes wonderful in-between.
Natalie reminded me of how I was, because I tried so hard to be the model student that I really missed a lot of things like high school dances and parties. She was so determined, smart, and sweet. The main problem that I had with her, was that she was so concerned with being a feminist that she was bitchy to people that she cared about. I really liked Spencer, because while she was like strong and powerful, she was also feminine and sure of what she wanted. Can I just say that I totally love The plot of this book was epic and I was engaged the whole time. I also found it to be unique from a lot of contemporary books, because it didn't seem forced or fake. Vivian's writing was epic. Natalie was a girl that anyone can relate to and I enjoyed her. I highly recommend that you read this book as soon as possible. It was epic.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! :D It was one of my favorite books I read last year, and Siobhan is UBER nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting ready to read this one. I'm glad to read such a great review for it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin