Friday, September 25, 2009

Dani Noir by Nova Ren Suma

Rating:
Characters: 18/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 18/20
Writing: 17/20
Recommendation: 17/20
Overall: 88/100 or B
Dani Callanzano is stuck in her nothing-ever-happens town with only her favorite noir mysteries at the Little Art movie theatre to keep her company. Her best friend has moved out of town and no longer calls Dani often. Her father also is getting remarried and she will be getting a mean sister-in-law, Nichole. So she is alone in the town. But one day a real-life mystery begins to unravel at Little Art! And it all has something to do with a girl in polka-dot tights. Dani is armed with a vivid imagination, a flair for the dramatic, and a knowledge of all things Rita Hayworth. She sets out to solve the mystery and learns more about herself than she ever thought that she would.
This book had an awesomeness that is hard to explain. Dani is stubborn, which is usual for most thirteen years old. I am going to have to check out some more noir movies, since I haven't seen them all. It was great to see Dani's love of movies and how passionate she was about all things Rita Hayworth. I also could relate to the problems at home and the lost of her best friend, because that happened to me around the same age. The plot was really interesting and created a great story. Suma was a great writer and created a story like no other. I recommend that you check out this book for a great mystery.

3 comments:

  1. This book had an awesomeness that is hard to explain that sounds pretty cool. I love the synopsis as well as the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so great, I totally NEED to check it out! Nice review! (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard a lot of good stories from my friend, when she started to recommend me this book I didn't hesitate to read it. I was very satisfy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin