Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnick

Rating:
Characters: 17/20
Plot: 16/20
Originality: 17/20
Writing: 17/20
Recommendation: 17/20
Overall: 84/100 or B
Source: Bought

Claire is a #hopelessromantic.
Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect.
Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him.
Bennett is a man with a plan.
Claire can’t believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone.
But the Twitterverse can be a confusing place, especially when friends act differently online than they do in person. Things get even more complicated when Claire realizes she’s falling for someone else, the last person she ever would have expected….
Told in an innovative format combining tweets, emails, and blogs, Tweet Heart is a contemporary romantic comedy that will set your heart atwitter.
I found this book to be very cute and sweet, but is lacked something. Claire was such a cute and sweet character, so I don't understand why she didn't notice Will and was obsessed with JD. The same was with Lottie, who was always going after boys that she didn't find interesting. Will was super sweet, but what he did to Claire was stupid. The plot was really predictable and while I enjoyed it. I wish that there was something that had surprised me. This book wasn't too original or surprising. Rudnick was an pretty awesome writer, but I wish that the tweets observed the 140 character limit, because there were a lot that I am sure went over. Overall a cute and fast read that is rather predictable, I would recommend this book to fans of TTYL series.

4 comments:

  1. This doesn't sound like my normal cup of tea, but it still sounds light and easy. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, really? I loved this book. LOVED LOVED LOVED. It was exactly my kind of book and with the exception of Lottie, I loved all the characters. And I kind of understood what Will did and how he got in too deep with it without meaning to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting concept. :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin