Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Rating:
Characters: 18/20
Plot: 17/20
Originality: 19/20
Writing: 19/20
Recommendation: 18/20
Overall: 91/100 or A
Source: Publisher

What if love refused to die?
Haven Moore can’t control her visions of a past with a boy called Ethan, and a life in New York that ended in fiery tragedy. In our present, she designs beautiful dresses for her classmates with her best friend Beau. Dressmaking keeps her sane, since she lives with her widowed and heartbroken mother in her tyrannical grandmother’s house in Snope City, a tiny town in Tennessee. Then an impossible group of coincidences conspire to force her to flee to New York, to discover who she is, and who she was.
In New York, Haven meets Iain Morrow and is swept into an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Iain is suspected of murdering a rock star and Haven wonders, could he have murdered her in a past life? She visits the Ouroboros Society and discovers a murky world of reincarnation that stretches across millennia. Haven must discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves before all is lost and the cycle begins again.
I really like Haven. She was really sweet and awesome. Sometimes, she annoyed me a bit with her decisions and that she was too trusting at times. I liked that she had a passion for fashion and that it shined through out. Iain was so annoying at times and his character fell flat at time, but the romance between him and Haven was so steamy and hot. I loved Beau, who was a total sweetie and made me laugh a lot. The plot of The Eternal Ones was face paced at times and kept me guessing what would happen next. I really liked that incarnation was a part of the story and that the flashbacks helped with the story. I found it to be very original and unlike anything that I have read. Miller is an amazing writer that created an amazing voice for Haven. I loved this book and highly recommend that you read it now.

7 comments:

  1. I've been really wanting to read this one. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I've heard mixed things about this one, so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice review, I really liked this one and can't wait to find out what happens in the next book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is getting such great reviews and I'm halfway through it (page 200) and I'm completely annoyed with Haven and Ian for that matter. I've got to assume the last 200 pages just blow everything else away. Also, next book? Ugh, please tell me this is not some kind of cliff hanger, I'm going to get upset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review! I have to say I've been hearing mixed things on this title to be honest, but hey one more in the positive column will definitely help me in deciding whether or not to put it on my future reads list, so thanks!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book was absolutely amazing! I just finished reading it. At first I thought it would be predictable, but towards the middle it really started to pick up and kept me addicted til the end. It's tastefully written and the story is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin