Sunday, August 15, 2010

Things I know About Love by Kate Le Vann

Rating:
Characters: 20/20
Plot: 19/20
Originality: 19/20
Writing: 20/20
Recommendation: 19/20
Overall: 97/100 or A
Source: Publisher
Livia's experience of love has been disappointing to say the least. But all that is about to change. After years of illness, she's off to spend the summer with her brother in America. She's making up for lost time, and she's writing it all down in her private blog. America is everything she ever dreamed of - and then she meets Adam. Can Livia put the past behind her and risk falling in love again?
I adored this book. Livia's character's captured the aftermath of illness perfectly. For example, your friends treat you like glass or that you have to get close to your parents. I could relate to her so well. I could relate to her thoughts and feelings so much. Her brother Jeff was also such a sweetie and cared a lot about Livia. Adam was also such a great love interest. I really loved his attitude about her being sick and that it didn't matter. I also liked the idea of a blog and how it was written like a diary. I also loved that Adam kept one too and it was one of my favorite parts of the book. This book was really original in the feelings that it presented about illness and that was true. It also showed the hope and humor that you can have in life at the darkest times. and that the sorrow and pain doesn't seem to hurt you as much. I really wish that this book had a different ending. Le Vann is an amazing writer and I highly recommend reading this book. It is now one of my favorite books.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute cover! :) Great review - and I'm glad you enjoyed the book - it does sound like it would be up your alley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin