Thursday, June 30, 2011

Possession by Elana Johnson

Source: Publisher
Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even thinkabout kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.
But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.
This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.
For some reason, this book made me think of the Uglies series from the very beginning, which is a good thing. I really adore that series and luckily that vibe was through out Possession and made me enjoy the story more. Vi's voice was very appealing. She was funny and smart. She also didn't give up easily. I love Jag . He is kickass and totally swoon worthy. He was so charming. Their chemistry was so awesome and I felt sorry for Zenn, because he was definitely not on Vi's mind now. The plot was confusing at times and I wish that more was explained about the dystopian world in the story. There were several questions that I had that were never answered and hopefully that will happen in a sequel. Luckily the mystery of the story kept me entertained every single moment and made me want more. Johnson's writing was amazing. She made interesting characters, a mysterious and thrilling plot, and a dystopian world that kept me excited. I can't wait to see what she will come up with next and I really hope that it is a sequel after the evil ending that made me want a lot more from Elana Johnson like now.

2 comments:

  1. I'll pass. I'm not big on dystopian, but especially not dystopian that doesn't spend time on the worldbuilding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower :)

    I actually reviewed Possession on my blog today too! I also felt sorry for Zenn--I wish we got to know more of their back story though. I completely agree with you about the ending too; it made me want the next book now!

    I'm not sure how I feel about Jag yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin