Monday, June 27, 2011

Guest Post with Jennifer Brown

Today, I have the amazing Jennifer Brown here with her favorite books. I hope you enjoy it.
I’m such a book fan, my library is everywhere! Housed in dozens of boxes in the basement, stacks upon stacks under the bed, stacks next to the bed, stacks on my dresser, stacks on one of the kitchen chair. It’s really ridiculous!
So to ask me for my favorites is an impossible task. I have so many! I can tell you some of the YA books I’ve enjoyed over the past year:
Crash Into Me by Albert Borris
Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan
Sorta Like a Rockstar by Matthew Quick
Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler

It should be no shock that I like a good “issues” story, and I’m a huge fan of literary fiction. Give me an Anna Quindlen novel and I’m a happy gal (Oh, how Every Last One tore my heart out!). I also love a good classic, and can really get into a Hemingway novel or a Steinbeck novel like nobody’s business.
It was Stephen King who made me a reader. I began reading his novels when I was a young teen, and had to carry around a pocket dictionary so I could understand some of the words. And it was Marian Keyes who made me start to really think about being a writer. I actually began by writing women’s fiction novels, and was particularly inspired by her novel, The Other Side of the Story.
In my library, you will find a great many Oprah’s Book Club choices. You will also find a 19-volume set of leather-bound Hemingway novels. Lots of biographies about John Lennon and Walt Disney. And tons of travel books.
Basically, if you write it, I will read it! I’m easy that way!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I just finished HATE LIST yesterday and it was amazing, I can't wait to read BITTER END!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin