Saturday, June 11, 2011

Hourglass by Myra McEntire

Source: Publisher
One hour to rewrite the past . . .
For seventeen-year-old Emerson Cole, life is about seeing what isn’t there: swooning Southern Belles; soldiers long forgotten; a haunting jazz trio that vanishes in an instant. Plagued by phantoms since her parents’ death, she just wants the apparitions to stop so she can be normal. She’s tried everything, but the visions keep coming back.
So when her well-meaning brother brings in a consultant from a secretive organization called the Hourglass, Emerson’s willing to try one last cure. But meeting Michael Weaver may not only change her future, it may change her past.
Who is this dark, mysterious, sympathetic guy, barely older than Emerson herself, who seems to believe every crazy word she says? Why does an electric charge seem to run through the room whenever he’s around? And why is he so insistent that he needs her help to prevent a death that never should have happened?
Full of atmosphere, mystery, and romance, Hourglass merges the very best of the paranormal and science-fiction genres in a seductive, remarkable young adult debut.

Emerson is such an amazing character. For a long time, she felt that she was crazy, but it turns out that she can time travel. I loved the humor and sarcasm that she had was captured really well and made me adore her so much. She is also kickass and very strong, Emerson was a really awesome character. Micheal was amazing. The relationship between Emerson and him is intense and I loved every moment of it. I hated that Micheal didn't feel that he and Emerson should have a relationship and the fact that he kept on going between hot and cold was annoying. Kalab was another boy and I liked that he was very direct about his feelings. I really adored him. Thomas was a great brother and I really liked the fact that there were other strong adults in this book, which is rare for YA.
Time travel is well awesome and I felt that part of the book was developed really well and that McEntire made it amazing. The plot was very intense and it captured my attention from the beginning. So many events surprised me and I enjoyed all the twist and turn in Hourglass. This book is a mix between paranormal and sci-fi books, which I haven't ever seen in another book. I guess there is going to be a sequel to Hourglass that makes me really excited. Her writing was stunning and I can't wait for her next book. This book is a must read for anyone. It is unlike anything that I have read and I know that you will love it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin