Saturday, December 1, 2012

Through to You by Emily Hainsworth

Source: Borrowed
Camden Pike has been grief-stricken since his girlfriend, Viv, died. He’d give anything to have just one more glimpse of her. But when Cam visits the site of Viv’s deadly car accident, he sees an apparition. Her name is Nina, and she’s a girl from a parallel world. When Cam follows her there and makes an unbelievable discovery, it’s as if all his wildest dreams have come true. But things are very different in this other world. Nina is hiding a secret, and the window between the worlds is shrinking every day. As Cam comes to terms with the truth, he’s forced to make a choice that will change his life forever.
There are books that I am excited to read and then there are books that I AM EXCITED TO READ! This book came on the later category. I have been following Hainsworth on twitter for at least two years. When I heard about this book, I really wanted to read it. Sometimes, I get disappointed when I self-hype books. Luckily I didn't. I really liked Cam and that there was more to him than initial appeared. I also liked that it showed the difference in the alternative world. I also loved Nina. She was so caring and sweet. I also liked the devotion that she had to her brother. Viv was an interesting character and like with Cam, it was great to see how they contrasted. The plot had a few slow parts, but overall, I was sucked into this book and I couldn't read this fast enough. The book was full of surprises. I found this book to be very original. It had contemporary and sci-fi mixed smoothly together. The writing is also fantastic. Hainsworth has a unique way with words that made me want more. I can't wait for more from her in the future. I recommend her to people that want a captivating story that is full of intense emotion, while still balancing Sci-fi element gracefully. This is a must read,if you want a unique and epic story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin