Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Where the Truth Lies by Jessica Warman

Rating:
Characters: 19/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 19/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 18/20
Overall: 92/100 or A
Source: Publisher

On the surface, Emily Meckler leads the perfect life. She has three best friends, two loving parents, and the ideal setup at the Connecticut prep school where her father is the headmaster. But Emily also suffers from devastating nightmares about fire and water, and nobody knows why. Then the enigmatic Del Sugar enters her life, and Emily is immediately swept away—but her passionate relationship with Del is just the first of many things that aren't quite what they seem in Emily's life. As the lies she's been told start to unravel, Emily must set out to discover the truth regarding her nightmare; on a journey that will lead her to question everything she thought she knew about love, family, and her own idyllic past.
This companion novel to Warman's critically acclaimed Breathless proves that sometimes the biggest lies are told to the people you love the most.

I really enjoyed Where the Truth Lies. I could relate to how Emily kind of felt empty in her life and that there were secrets in her past. She also made a lot of stupid choices, but I felt that I could relate to them. Del Sugar was enchanting and interesting. I loved every moment with him, even though he was such a bad influence. The plot was so addicting. Half of the time, I didn't know what was going to happen next and a lot of the times my guesses were wrong. I loved how Warman weaved in the lies and secrets into the basis of this book. It also showed how hard it is to tell the truth. I found this book to be stunningly unique, with how everything leads you to your future. Warman's writing is gorgeous. I found the characters, plot, and scenery to blend together and entertain me. I have yet to read Warman's first book Breatheless, but I definitely plan to, since it is the companion book to Where The Truth Lies. I recommend this book to fans of Courtney Summer and Amy Reed's Beautiful.
I also have a copy to giveaway. Details in the form below.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this seems like a great book and I love how it kept you guessing as to what was going to happen. That's the best thing about books! XD

    Thanks for the rec/review!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin