Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mostly Good Girls by Leila Sales

Rating:
Characters: 19/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 18/20
Writing: 19/20
Recommendation: 19/20
Overall: 93/100 or A
Source: Publisher
It’s Violet’s junior year at the Westfield School. She thought she’d be focusing on getting straight As, editing the lit mag, and making Scott Walsh fall in love with her. Instead, she’s just trying to hold it together in the face of cutthroat academics, Scott Walsh’s new girlfriend, and the sense that things are going irreversibly wrong with her best friend, Katie. When Katie starts making choices that Violet can’t even begin to fathom, Violet has no idea how to set things right between them. Westfield girls are trained for success—but how can Violet keep her junior year from being one huge epic fail?
I love funny realistic books and that is exactly what I found in Mostly Good Girls. I knew that I was going to love this book, when I opened it and found Violet's list of goals for this year. Violet was sweet, smart, determined, and funny. I loved that she was so realistic. She reminded me so much of one of my best friends growing up. Her best friend Katie was very awesome too. I loved that they were very loyal to each other and cared about what happened to them. They also had their fights, but no matter what they were friends in the end. I love private school books, because I didn't go to one. All girl schools just don't seem like a good idea, because all of the drama that happens. In this book that is what made it so awesome. All of the antics that Violet and Katie had were so hilarious. This book was really original, compared to most books I have read this year. It focused more on friendship, then on boys. Sales' writing was humorous and I loved that. I also didn't expect everything that happened and that there was some suspense in the ending. Mostly Good Girls reminds me of the Georgia Nicolson series, which I love. I really think that you should go read this book now, it is amazing!

1 comment:

  1. this looks really good. I also really like funny realistic books, so I'll be checking this one out for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin