Sunday, October 3, 2010

Torment by Lauren Kate

Rating:
Characters: 16/20
Plot: 16/20
Originality: 15/20
Writing: 17/20
Recommendation: 15/20
Overall: 79/100 or C
Source: Won

How many lives do you need to live before you find someone worth dying for? In the aftermath of what happened at Sword & Cross, Luce has been hidden away by her cursed angelic boyfriend, Daniel, in a new school filled with Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans. Daniel promises she will be safe here, protected from those who would kill her. At the school Luce discovers what the Shadows that have followed her all her life mean - and how to manipulate them to see into her other lives. Yet the more Luce learns about herself, the more she realizes that the past is her only key to unlocking her future...and that Daniel hasn't told her everything. What if his version of the past isn't actually the way things happened...what if Luce was really meant to be with someone else?
I was not a fan of Fallen at all. I believe that Torment was a lot better. Luce is still the same idiot that she was in the last book. Whenever someone tells her not to do something, she does that. It was so annoying. I also don't feel connected to Luce, like I do with most characters in books that I love. I didn't like that there was another love triangle in this book and it was with a different character. I did like Luce's new friends Shelby and Miles. They seemed to be genuine and sweet. I enjoyed the plot in Torment a lot more then Fallen. A few questions were answered, while other parts were unraveled. It had moments of originality, but a few parts seemed so much like other books. I found that to be annoying. Kate's writing has improved a lot, since Fallen. Torment seemed to be more intense and exciting. I am sure that this book, will be enjoyed by fans of Fallen.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed Fallen but I wasn't blown away by it. I am glad Torment is better! I'm sure I will enjoy it! XD
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read either book, but I don't particularly like stupid heroines... so I don't think I will be checking these out.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review, very honest. I was a little on the fence with Fallen, so I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin