Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday (65)

Title: Cate of the Lost Colony
Author: Lisa M. Klein
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Date:October 12th, 2010
The greatest unsolved mystery of American history--what happened to all the colonists who landed on Roanoke Island in 1587? This novel traces the fortunes and misfortunes of one Cate Archer, banished to Virginia by a jealous Queen Elizabeth because of her dalliance with Sir Walter Ralegh. What will be her fate in this dangerous New World?
I am a history nerd and the Colony of Roanoke is one of my favorite mysteries, so I am very interested to see where this story will go and what will happen in it. I have loved her other books, so I am excited for what Klein will write about in this story. I also love the cover... The color scheme is just fantastic and I love the dress on the front.

2 comments:

  1. That cover is beautiful! Sounds really interesting, too. One of those mysteries that will never have an end of theories about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is awesome!! You wont be disappointed! Great pick ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin