Friday, July 30, 2010

My Ultimate Sister Disaster by Jane Mendle

Rating:
Characters: 17/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 17/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 18/20
Overall: 88/100 or B
Source: Publisher

Franny would have not picked her family. Her father is a hipster boutique owner, her mother is off jump starting her career in Kenya, and her sister Zooey is a prima ballerina. Zooey attends a top ballet conservatory and is so absorbed in her ballet career that she doesn't even notice Franny most of the time. Franny is forced to navigate the brutal hallways of her Manhattan Prep School. Franny is trying to get noticed as the only first year on the newspaper and she also has a crush on the Editor-In-Chief River. Everything changes when Zooey breaks her leg and her ballet is put on hold. Now, Zooey wants to invade Franny's life and her friends. Franny feels terrible for Zooey, but when it extends to her long time crush, Franny wonders if maybe her sister might be her worst competition.
Franny was a very sweet character. I mean she is at a hard place in her life and felt like she was nothing. I think that Franny and Zooey's relationship was really well developed, because not to seem cliche, you always think that the other side of the fence is better. I also enjoyed Zooey. She was very outgoing and positive unlike Franny. Carter was such a sweet character. I loved that he stood up for what he believed in. River seemed nice at first, but turned out to be an ass hat. I think that Franny and Zooey's parents were true to how parents are, because a lot of kids are fending for themselves. I found the plot to be very engaging. I loved the plot, because it showed life very honestly. The book was also a very fast read. I loved the romance that was developed between Franny and Carter. I also found the book to be very original and sweet. I loved the dynamic of the sisters. Mendle weaves a great plot with characters that are both realistic and intriguing. I am excited for what she will write in the future. I would recommend this book to anyone that wants a great book about sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin