Thursday, July 15, 2010

Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala

Rating:
Characters: 20/20
Plot: 20/20
Originality: 19/20
Writing: 19/20
Recommendation: 20/20
Overall: 98/100 or B
Source: Bought/Author
For the last five years, Miranda has been living in the shadow of her bad girl sister Xanda, while she wonders what secrets did she take to her grave and what really happened to her sister. Miranda is about to have all of her dreams come true. She has a best friend that can help her unlock her sister's world, a ticket to art school, and a boyfriend that can take her away from all that she has known.
But Miranda has her own secret. There are two lines on a pregnancy test that confirm her worst fears as she is stripped of her former good girl image. Now she must make a choice with tremendous consequences and finally face her sister's demons and her own.
Miranda was a fantastic character. I found her journey to be full of hope and I could relate to it. Miranda's grief for Xandu made me think of the death of one of my sisters. She wondered if she could have saved her sister and I wonder about that every single day. Miranda also had to deal with a preemie birth, which my other younger sister was born at 22 weeks in the 90's. Kamran was very sweet when he learned what was really happen. Delaney was diabolical with her planning and rumors. The flashbacks with Xandu reminded me of my older sister that had quite a crazy streak. Miranda and Xandu's parents were realistic, because while they weren't happy about the
The plot of Tell Me A Secret was amazing. I was engaged from the first line, because when grief comes, it consumes who you are. It changes you and Cupala made that perfect in Tell Me A Secret. I found it to be a real page turner that captured my attention as I devoured each page. I was a fascinating read that was both realistic and unique. Cupala is an amazing writer that leaves you wanting more. I would highly recommend this book to people that loved Stephenie Kuehnert and Ellen Hopkins. I think that anyone with a sister would love this book.

2 comments:

  1. ...This book should be amazing. I need to read it, but I think it would be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks amazing! I'm hearing good things about this book. I don't understand your math tho. It looks like 98/100.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin