Saturday, April 3, 2010

Undead Much by Stacey Jay

Rating:
Characters: 18/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 16/20
Writing: 17/20
Recommendation: 17/20
Overall: 86/100 or B
Source: Publisher
Even Zombie Settlers with Super Hot Boyfriends get the Blues...
A few months ago I was a normal girl with a normal life. But that was before my power to Settle the Undead returned and someone tried to kill me with zombies.
Now I work magic and practice kicking butt while trying to find time for pom squad and my boyfriend, Ethan, and trying NOT to think about how freaky my life has become. It can be tough. Still…things could be worse…
Oh yeah, right:
1. Feral new super-strong zombies. Check.
2. Undead psychic hottie predicting a zombie apocolypse. Check.
3. Earth-shattering secrets that could land me in Settler prison for life. Check.
4. Cheerleader vs. pom squad turf war threatening the end of the half time as we know it. Check.
I’m going to need therapy (and a cookie) if I live through the week. Unfortunately I’m learning that’s not something Zombie Queens can take for granted.

When you think of zombies, you think of gore and sadness at least that it what I thought until I read You Are So Undead To Me. It was effortlessly funny and cute. It made me laugh and at times it had me gripping the book and wondering what is next. So, I was really excited to read Undead Much? and find that they were similar. I love Megan. She wants to be a normal teen, but she has an extraordinary power that she has no control over. I also love Ethan in this book. He is so sweet and cute. I wanted Megan and Ethan to be together. Then there is a new character Cliff. He is a zombie that can't be settled. He also has feelings for Megan. I am interested to see if anything develops out of that, because Jay left quite a cliffhanger on that front. Undead Much has as much action and mystery as the last book. There are these weird zombies that are here for some reason and it turns out to interconnected with the last book. I really enjoyed the originality in this book. It is sassy, funny, and just fantastic. The only problem that I had, was the the dialogue seemed unrealistic at times and the plot dragged out for a while. Despite these problems, Jay created an amazing book that made me laugh a lot. If you like the first book, you will enjoy this. It has humor, romance, and a touch of mystery.

2 comments:

  1. So are you like DIEING like I am to have a 3rd book? EAK....A little laughing, a little fun - that's totally Undead Much? Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a YA title? Hmmm, have not heard of this...may have to put it in my STACK! BTW, I *heart* your blog layout, cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin