Friday, April 16, 2010

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

Rating:
Characters: 18/20
Plot: 19/20
Originality: 20/20
Writing: 19/20
Recommendation: 19/20
Overall: 95/100 or A
Source: Publisher
Only two weeks ago, life was all too predictable. But that was before I saw my first ghost. Now, along with my supernatural friends Tori, Derek, and Simon, I’m on the run from the Edison Group, which genetically altered us as part of their sinister experiment. We’re hiding in a safe house that might not be as safe as it seems. We’ll be gone soon anyway, back to rescue those we’d left behind and to take out the Edison Group . . . or so we hope.
Kelley Armstrong creates a fantastic sequel to The Summoning and The Awakening. I loved how this book's world was so unique and one of a kind. The teens at Lyle House were a part of an experiment and the people were trying to convince them that they were crazy. This is such a unique idea and found it fantastically awesome. I also liked that more was revealed about what happened with the experiment. Chloe became more comfortable in who she was and especially with her necromancy skills. I also found her growing feelings with Derek were so cute. I have been cheering on them since book one. I love Derek, he is so sweet and amazing. Simon also seems to find out who he is in this book and contributed to the romatic tension that is in the book. Tori surprised me and was a really strong character. I found her to be fierce at times. The Reckoning wrapped up nicely and I am excited to see what will happen in the next book in the series. Armstrong is a gifted writer that creates amazing characters and a wonderfully unique premise. I highly recommend this book to anyone that enjoyed the previous books in this series or anyone looking for an original series should start with The Summoning. I know that you will love it.

2 comments:

  1. Am I the only one who hasn't read this series?!? LOL! I'm glad you liked the book! When I read series-es (what's series in plural form? LOl!), I get disappointed sometimes because the sequels aren't as good as the first one or the first few. Glad this was good! Great review =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series either ReggieWrites! Maybe someday I will get around to reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin