Friday, April 23, 2010

The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy

Rating:
Characters: 17/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 19/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 18/20
Overall: 90/100 or A
Source: Publisher
Jess Parker has always been an outsider, that is until she gets the invitation of a lifetime to The Cinderella Society, which is a secret society of the most popular girls in school. The Cindy's world is full of makeovers and looking for Prince Charming. The Wicked begin targeting innocent girls as a war against the Cindys. Being a Cindy has more to do then reinventing themselves on the outside. She is now in a century battle of good v.s. evil. Jess is needed for a mission and wonders if maybe they have the wrong girl.
Also, the main character Jess makes some mistake and is unsure about herself, which made her more of a teen. I loved how sweet she was and really cared about people. The characters were all amazing and I could relate to each of them in some aspect. The plot of this book was just basic good vs evil in the real world and I loved it. I am also a huge fans of secret societies, so this book was full of win. I loved how empowering this book was. Each page, I felt like I was being encouraged to be a better person. It is more oriented for girls though, which is why I liked it a lot. It was a rather original book and I love that is had more then a lot of the contemporary romance that I read. Cassidy is an amazing writer and I can't wait for the next book Cindy on a Mission to come out. I would recommend this book, to fans of Sarah Dessen and Deb Caletti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin