Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld

Rating:
Characters: 17/20
Plot: 19/20
Originality: 18/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 18/20
Overall: 90/100 or A
The Archduke Franz Ferdinand was murdered. His son is Prince Aleksander. He would be the heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne. He is on the run. His own people have turned against him and his title is now worthless. All he has is battletorn war machine and a loyal crew of men. Deryn Sharp is a commoner, disguised as a boy in the British Air Service. She is a brilliant airman. But her secret is in constant danger of being discovered. World War I is now brewing, Alek and Deryn paths cross in the most unexpected way. It takes them on an adventure that changes both of their lives forever.
Deryn was an interesting character. I liked how strong that she was. Alek was awesome. I think that Deryn and Alek were kick ass together and I was ecstatic, when they met. The plot was gripping and awesome. It was hard to put it down and I wanted to keep on reading it. I haven't read much steampunk. So, it was original to me. The writing was really good and similar to the style in a few of his books. I recommend Leviathan to anyone that likes Scott Westerfeld's other books. You will definitely enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. I thought this wasn't out till... Oct? Glad you liked it so much! I'm really looking forward to reading it. I can't wait to see the illustrations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEK! I really, really want to read this book. I actually need to reread The Midnighters books as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin