Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Evermore by Alyson Noël

Rating(New and Improved hopefully):
Characters: 17/20
Setting: 8/10
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 17/20
Writing: 17/20
Recommendation: 8/10
Overall: 85/100 or B+
Sixteen year old Ever Bloom, has had a near death experience, in which she lost her parents, little sister, and dog. Now she can see auras, hear other's thought, and know every secret from a touch. She talks to her dead younger sister on a regular basis. She hides in baggy clothes, sunglasses, and an ipod. Until Damon Auguste enters the picture.
Damon is gorgeous, mysterious, and the only one that can block out all the psychic energy that she has been trying to avoid. Underneath it all, Ever thinks that he is hiding something. He doesn't have an aura (Only dead people don't have one), she can't read his thoughts, and he seems to be hiding a secret. The only thing that Ever is sure about is that she is falling for Damon, and she is falling hard.
I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read and fairly addicting. Ever was really interesting and seemed pretty realistic. A problem that I had is that she would be sad about her parents and feel guilty, but it wasn't always present. That type of guilt would be a part of your skin and wouldn't be so random. I also had a problem with the Bella-like falling for a guy and the fact that Damon didn't seem to have any real bad characteristics. It was like "He is so hot, but I don't know anything about him..." I am crossing my fingers and hoping that will be solved in the next book. I loved Riley, she was a nice dose of humor even though she was dead.
I want to know more about Damon and Ever's powers, and I hope that it happens in the next book. I really like Noël's writing style. It made me want to read her books, because I have only read Saving Zoë. I think that it is a great start for a series. I have quite a few questions and hopefully those get answered. If you want a book about lost, love, and a touch of the Paranormal, you should enjoy this.
Peace out, Sarah
PS: I changed the rating system, because I felt that I was overrating sometimes on the 5 star system.

9 comments:

  1. I've been debating getting this book for a while; I'm definitely ordering it now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your rating system. I think I'll adapt it to my ratings too. I only give a 0-10 rating for the book overall. I think breaking it down like you've done is a great way to really express how you feel about the entire book.

    Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this book in yesterday...or maybe the day before. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you mentioned that there was "Bella-like falling for a guy" in the book. Would you say this would be a good choice after the Twilight books? I am finishing them up right now (am actually quite irritated at Miss Meyer for my lack of sleep) and I need a good follow up book. I swore I would hate these books and even refused to read them, but as sad (well not really) as it is I have surendered to Twilight. Now my only fear is that after I am done I will go into a reading slump and wish I was reading a new Twilight Saga instead. Any recomendations?

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've got this on hold, looks intresting
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy the book though i felt a little different about Damen and his negative qualities. for one he was so hot and cold and so darn quiet about his feelings. now that's not cool! but i guess that can also be taken as a great quality and girls can fawn over him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Iv read book one of (the immortal) evermore an they say there's supposed to be 320 or something, an i only have 302 am i missing something? Also iv moved on to the second book, i started reading and its as if i already read it. i practically skip through the whole book as if it was re-worded from the first one i dunno im confused. can someone please answer my question about the pages. an if im missing a part of the story. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin