Monday, February 9, 2009

The Elite by Jennifer Banash

Rating: 4.5/5
Casey McCloy has stepped in to a brand new world, as she enters the Bramford to lives with her grandmother. She realizes that Target isn't going to cut it here, unlike in Normal, Illinois. Casey meets Madison Macallister, the it girl of New York’s Upper East Side. Madison does a rare act of kindness and with the help of her two best friends, Sophie and Phoebe; she gives Casey a make over.
Still Madison isn't as welcoming as Sophie and Phoebe are. After the makeover, Casey meets Drew, Madison's on-and-off-again-boyfriend. Drew has eye's for Casey, but Madison is determined to get him back.
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun, quick read. I like the alternating chapters, because I got to see what everyone was thinking. I liked how The Elite was more realistic then Gossip Girls. When shopping, they looked in the clearance rack, which would be like a sin in Gossip Girl. They were also more down to earth and had more real probelms. Like Sophie feeling out of place, because she is one of the youngest in her class and Phoebe's probelms with her mom. The Elite also surprised me with a nice splash of humor. I really enjoyed this book and I would recommend checking it out.
Peace out, Sarah.

1 comment:

  1. I have this on my shelf and it looks really good... I agree, when I read the summary, I thought it sounded a lot like GG, but glad it has more depth. (: Love the covers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin