Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Rating:
Characters: 18/20
Plot: 19/20
Originality: 17/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 17/20
Overall: 89/100 or B
Grace Divine always knew that something happened the night that Daniel Kalbi disappeared. The night that she found her brother Jude collapsed on the porch and he was covered in his own blood. The memories that her family tried to bury, has resurfaced, but when Daniel returns three years later, the memories start slowly coming back. Despite Grace's promise to Jude that she'll stay away, she can't keep away from Daniel. He has amazing artistic ability that is drawing Grace in, but the closer Grace gets to Daniel, the more she jeopardizes her life. Grace must discover the truth behind the dark secret and the cure that can save the ones she loves. But she may have to lay down the ultimate sacrifice to do it--her soul.
Despain creates amazing characters that are unique and have their own personality. I really liked Daniel, he was a great character and swoon-worthy. His mysterious elements helped really bring the story to life. Grace was interesting and really sweet, too. She was a bit naive at times and believed things a bit easier then most people, which annoyed me. Jude was interesting. I liked how Grace and Daniel didn't fall for each at first sight, but they slowly liked one another. I liked how the plot slowly unraveled and had mysterious undertone. It was fairly original and different. Despain wrote beautifully and created such a unique paranormal romance. I would recommend this to people that like paranormal romance or are looking for a book that is a bit different.
Source: Egmont sent me a Copy for review.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book! It intrigued me so much, and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough. I can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading great reviews on this one! It must be good too, because every bookstore I go to is always sold out!

    Thanks for the review ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to read this! I wish my library would get it in. they get everything else in but not this :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin