Sunday, June 14, 2009

Eyes Like Stars by Lisa Mantchev


Rating:
Characters: 19/20
Plot: 18/20
Originality: 20/20
Writing: 18/20
Recommendation: 19/20
Overall: 94/100 or A
Beatrice "Bertie" Shakespeare Smith is not an actress, but she lives in a theater. She is not an orphan, but has never had parents. She knows every line, but has never had a line of her own. Théâtre Illuminata is where every character of every play can be found. They are bound to the Théâtre by the Book. Bertie is not one of them, but considers them to be family and find her place in the Théâtre soon.
Bertie was a fun character, she didn't always think everything out. I really liked the fairies from Midsummer's Night Dream. Nate was sweet. Though Ariel was moody, he was still dreamy. The plot was good and really fun. Mantchev was great as at describing food, I wanted cupcakes so much after this. Eyes Like Stars was one of the most original books that I have read. The writing was good. I am not a fan of third person, but it worked in this book with her writing. I think that you should really check out Eyes Like Stars, when it comes out.

4 comments:

  1. I loved Eyes Like Stars. It was such a good book and I loved the fairies. Glad you liked it. Great review! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is book is receiving so many wonderful reviews. I can't wait to read it. The cover is beautiful and a eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this was great, and the cover is so beautiful. I'm putting this on my list of books to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to read this book! Wonderful review, one of the best I've read on this book!

    xo, Ella @ http://theclockmonkey2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin