Saturday, January 7, 2012

Best Books of 2011

Sorry that I am a few days late. My end of the year was full of goodbyes, since I am back incollege. Anyways, here are my  favorite books from last year , a few honorable mentions, and my favorites of not 2011.
1. The Probability of Miracle by Wendy Wunder
This book hit me hard, because once upon a time I was sick. Not as sick as Cam, but I could relate to her sarcasm and bravery. I loved her pop culture knowledge and the love that she had for her family.The writing was also beautiful and I didn't want to stop reading this book. I was sad when it ended.  I can't wait to write a full review on it soon. It was also the last book that I read last year. I put off reading it for so long, because I have been dealing with a flare of my disease and it hurts thinking that I am lucky. I highly suggest that you read this book as soon as possible.
2. Lola and The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
I adore the characters in this book. They are realistic, funny, and amazing. It is a great romantic book that anyone can relate to. I am so excited for her next book.
3. A Need So Beautiful by Suzanne Young
This book was amazing. Suzanne wowed me with her beautiful writing. Charlotte is an amazing heroine and is easy to relate to. This book is a mix of contempary and paranormal, which might be my favorite genre at the moment. I can't wait for A Want So Wicked.
4. Divergent by Veronica Roth
I heard so much about this book that I was sure that my expectation would never be met. Luckily the hype lived up to it and I loved the dystopian world that Veronica Roth created it was amazing. Tris is kickass and Four  is amazing. I can't wait to read the next book.
5. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
This book was so unique and intense. Emerson is such a fantastic character. I also loved Michael and Kaleb. The time travel also engaged me and made me more interested in it and I liked how it was uniquely happened.  I am so excited for the Timepiece.

Honorable Mentions:
1. The Pledge by Kimberly Derting
I loved The Body Finder series, so I was excited to read this book. It was unlike her first book and I liked the whole feel of the book.
2. Forgotten by Cat Patrick
This book was magical. The concept of the book could either suceed or fail, I found myself to be charmed by London and Luke. It was just a fun and epic book.
3. Red Glove by Holly Black
I loved White Cat and found Red Glove to be just as amazing. Holly Black could write ads for selling cars and I would still read them. This book broke my heart, but I can't wait for Black Heart.
4. Bitter End by Jennifer Brown
Jennifer Brown's books are major cry fest in a good way. I was a crying mess after Hate List, and found Bitter End to be just as intense.
5. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
This was another dystopian novel that I loved. It was very realistic in a scary way that I couldn't help loving this book. Rhine is also a strong and fierce character that is easy to admire and love.

Best of not 2011:
1. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
I love Donnelly's writing, which was part of the reason that I was reluctant in reading Revolution is that I loved her previous book A Northern Light so much. Andi and Alexandrine are two different girls, but their stories are both vibrant and amazing. I didn't want this book to end.
2. Don't Breath a Word by Holly Cupala
I loved Tell Me a Secret and was so excited for this book. I found it to be just as intense and amazing. It is also set where I am currently living, which was really awesome and I could totally see the character in the environment. I also start working in a homeless center for teens soon for one of my classes, which I am excited for.
3. Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
It is such a fantastic book. I love the winter setting. I love the characters. Most of all, I loved the writing.
4. A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford
Since it is the second book, I will keep it short. Eden is just as kickass and Leah Clifford know how to create a prefect cliffhanger.
5. Fever by Lauren DeStefano
This is another sequel. It was fantastic. This book helped display how the world really was. A lot of the characters developed in this book. Overall I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin