Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz

Source: Publisher
Noah’s happier than I’ve seen him in months. So I’d be an awful brother to get in the way of that. It’s not like I have some relationship with Melinda. It was just a kiss. Am I going to ruin Noah’s happiness because of a kiss?
Across four sun-kissed, drama-drenched summers at his family’s beach house, Chase is falling in love, falling in lust, and trying to keep his life from falling apart. But some girls are addictive....
Not your typical beach read.
After reading Break, I was so excited for Moskowitiz's next novel and was sad to hear that it wasn't coming out until over a year from then. Though it was definitely worth the wait. Invincible Summer was a one of a kind novel that completely surprised me. The relationships between the siblings are similar to mine. I am really close to my sisters and brother and I really loved seeing that in a book. There are complexities in each character that made them more realistic and helped me understand them. Chase was a very sweet character and I loved how much he cared about everyone. Noah was a really interesting character that kept on surprising. Gideon was just so cute and amazing. I liked how Moskowitiz included some Deaf culture in the book. The rest of the family felt so real to me and I became attached to each of them. The feel of summer was infused through out the plot, and I loved that. I also liked that the book was broken across four summers and that I could feel bits of what has happened over the past year. Moskowitiz is a gifted author and I can't wait to read more from her. I recommend this to anyone looking for a very unique and remarkable summer read with lots of depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin