Sunday, June 20, 2010

Guest Post from Erica at The Book Cellarx

Today, I have Erica of The Book Cellarx! I hope you enjoy her story.
Every year we turn a year older, and we always try to celebrate in some special way. I’ve done different things each year, from the zoo, to celebrating at my house, and more. One birthday sticks out in my mind. I had all my friends over for a party on my 12th birthday, and we headed to Chucke Cheese. I know, I’m way too old for that place – but I love it. I still go there, almost every year on my birthday and they give me a crown. I’m a kid at heart. After that, we headed over to the mall for a scavenger hunt. We split into two teams. We each received a disposable camera and a list of things to take pictures of. With that, we were off.
I remember the first thing we did was get a picture with a mannequin, but we didn’t want a normal one, so we headed to the kids department of Boston Store. We also modeled some perfume bottles there. The next picture we went to get was for the best granny getup. We searched through several stores, but none of them seemed just right. We finally found our outfit in this store with all sorts of older clothes. We found this awful orange skirt and top set that had leave-like cutouts hanging off of it all over and a weird hat. It strangely reminded me something that Professor Umbridge from Harry Potter would wear…
We also had to get a picture of a hat. There were 3 of us girls on my team, and we each grabbed a hat. I remember I got this little pink hat, that reminded me of something a prim and proper lady would wear. My other friend – a hat with this awful gaudy pink bow. My cousin grabbed this huge red had that was a cone with a huge circle on top. Another challenge was to get a picture in one of the rides in the middle of the mall. My friend, cousin and I are all very tall, so cramming one of us into a ride was a challenge, but we did it!
My favorite point of the day came next. I have a wee bit of a Pirates of the Caribbean obsession, so naturally my mother put an item on the list to deal with it. We saw a golden opportunity for a picture – a cut out of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. We went to take a picture with it, with all of us girls kissing him on the cheek, and the store employer came running out of the store screaming at us, “NO PICTURES IN THE MALL” Scared, we ran off, as there was a mall security guard right there. We never did get our picture… so we hunted down a poster later – but it was not the same.
So that’s my birthday story. Happy birthday Sarah and Zoe! I hope you both have absolutely stellar birthdays! Wishing you all the best.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Johnny Depp (or cardboard Johnny Depp, lol).

    Darn store employees ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. Every comment creates a smile.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin